Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random facts (interesting and...less interesting)

Not being able to go for trips and visit on week-ends (a week-end is really too short if you want to fully enjoy), the direct consequence is a "full" social life. Ok, I won't detail my nights out, but there are some episodes I would like to share.
14th of July (hey yeah, French National Day) was organised by the french ambassador at the Sofitel Plazza Hotel. All french workers were invited. Tuxedos, dresses and french buffet would sum up this "oh so" enjoying night.
The fliming team (actors and producer) of the french film "OSS 117" was there, promoting the film in the Philippines (without main actor Jean Dujardin).

Last week-end, I was able (thanks to my aunt) to go to Dolphy's birthday party. Who's Dolphy ? One of the most famous comedian in the Philippines. He turned 79 and is still acting !
I shook hands with him and have a picture (I'll blog as soon as I can). Most philippinos celebrities were there, but hum sorry I didn't recognize them. I basically shook hands and nodded. There was a buffet and the theme of the night was the 20's. Everybody was dressed up !

Being in the Philippines made me live funny moments. I talked in german to a half-philippino, half-swiss guy in a bar ! Speaking german... in the Philippines. Who would have thought of that knowing I didn't speak german for a year.

And now, the sad part. I won't be able to make any visits anymore, or only very few, because I'm very limited at the moment. I actually broke 2 bones in my left foot. I'm walking around with crutches and sometimes it's really hard !

1 comment:

Cécile Boré said...

You broke two bones in your foot? Ouch, it must have hurt like mad!
... but maybe it was the result of / or at least it didn't prevent you from
having a great time out in a welcoming environment with lovely people and even celebrities: brilliant!
See you on your two feet... and with your head in France (even if your heart may tend to go back to the Philippines sometimes ;o)